TACI / TACI is one of the modern and developing cancer treatments widely performed all over the world and has been available in GADING PLUIT Hospital since 2009.
Definition of TACI / TACE:
- TACI (Trans Arterial Chemo Infusion) is infusing the chemo inside the tumor cell feeding arteries, with or without the blocking agent.
- TACE (Trans Arterial Chemo Embolization) is closing or blocking the tumor cell feeding arteries.
TACI / TACE is able to be performed on cancer / tumor cases as follows:
- Lung and Mediastum
- Brain, Head and neck
- Tractus Uro - Genitalis
- Digestive Tract
- Malignant tumor (except: Leukemia, Lymphoma, metastases from primary tumor to whole body)
- Benign tumor:
- Brain membrane (Meningioma)
- Arterial benign tumor (Hemangioma).
TACI / TACI is performed by intervention radiologist expert.
A few reasons why TACI / TACE is considered as one of the alternative therapies for cancer treatment:
- It is globally recognized as a part of multi-disciplinary cancer treatment.
- To be performed on primary tumor and / or metastatic stage.
- Provides more advantage on high risk old patient if performed along with surgery or systemic chemotherapy.
- Acting as an alternative therapy if the patient refuses conventional chemotherapy.
The major advantages of TACI / TACE:
- Lower dosage of chemo compared to regular chemotherapy and targeted directly to the tumor cell
- Minimal side effect of the medicine (allows better activity or mobility for the patients).
- Help to reduce the tumor and hemorrhaging risk during operation (if the operation is needed)
For further INFORMATION, please contact: CATH LAB Ext. 28325 (Monday – Saturday: 07.30 – 18.00)
For REGISTRATION, please contact: POLYCLINIC Ext. 28235